Library Services for in-house (SIOM) Users
- Inter Library Loan (ILL):
Library arranges to borrow Books that are not available in SIOM library on Inter Library Loan from other Symbiosis libraries. This is done on an Institution-to-Institution basis. Such materials will have to be handled with utmost care and returned to the library well on time. This service is provided for academic and research purpose to the faculty, registered students of SIOM and staff who are members of the SIOM library.
- Referral Services:
Library offers individualized service to assist students, faculty, researchers and staff in locating the required information i.e. book or magazine/journal location in the library
Locate information in the library and elsewhere.
Answer specific information questions.
In case of any quires, mail can be sent at email@example.com
- New Additions of Books:
Library brings out a monthly list of books added to the collection. This list is sent to the library users over the email.
- Plagiarism Checking Service:
Library offers Plagiarism Checking Service using a ‘Turnitin’ tool to its registered users. Turnitin is leading originality checking and plagiarism prevention web tool which allows researchers to compare their contents against the massive databases to ensure the work is original before submission. SIU Central Library has a paid license to this tool and given account to SIOM Library.
- Document Delivery Service:
SIOM library provides Document Delivery Service to its registered users. If the required articles or research papers which comes in the journals is available in the subscribed database then SIOM library send the full text to its users and if the required information access in full text is not available in subscribed database then SIOM library coordinates with its mother concern to provide its users with the requested materials.
|Full Time Faculty
- Books which are labeled / stamped as reference books are not for borrowing.
- Library is authorized to declare/hold certain books as reference material according to the demand. The book may not be labeled as Reference material.
- Old loose issue of magazines only can be borrowed. New/Latest issues and back volumes are for reference only.
- Borrowing period for particular material can shrink according to the demand.
E-Resources: Avalible on all e-resources at SIU library portal link https://library.siu.edu.in/
Institute Publication :
SIOM library has tied up with the under the MACCIA,CII,Coputer socity of India Institutional membership. These memberships are beneficial for users through their online services or resources.
1. CII Membership Benefits
Joining CII, expand your business path, network but obvious knowledge. Be a Member of CII, you will access a world of opportunities, from networking with the corporate majors of Indian and global industry to assisting in framing economic and industrial policies, through close linkage with the Government. CII's proactive approach focusses on helping you to increase efficiency and competitiveness.
- Platform to interact with other Members, Institutions, State & Central Governments
- Fora to meet global business and political leaders
- Participate in topical seminars, training programmes, conferences and meetings
- Networking opportunities with Indian and global corporate majors
- Platform to enhance business and develop newer markets
Social Sector Activities specially focus on Community development, population, health, literacy, HRD, consumer affairs, rural development
- Access to publications and reports on a wide range of subjects
- Monthly journal - e-Newsletter, CII Communique; subscribe to newsletters on Green Business
- Opportunities, Quality, WTO Monthly Economic Report, Finance & Taxation, Business Focus
- 68 Corporate / Regional / State / Zonal / District offices providing assistance at all levels
2. Indo- German Chamber of Commerce ( IGCC)
Explore IGCC membership services and benefits that include opportunities to attend events, network, interact with peers and industry leaders and stay updated on economic and policy changes relevant for your business.
The Indo-German Economy has information about the latest trends and developments in Indo-German cooperation as well as the various activities and initiatives of the Chamber.
3. CII Indian Women Network ( CII IWN )
Platform to interact with other members, institutions, state & central governments.
Participate in topical seminars, training programmes, conferences and meetings.
Share your best practices with other members.
Opportunity to give back to society
Get involved with important initiatives in the areas of Child Education & Women Empowerment,
Special focus on policy matters related to women.
Networking opportunity among peers of various companies/professional organizations.
Discount on participation fee in select CII Events.
Opportunity for select members to counsel students in student mentoring programme.
Free expert counselling on health, career etc.
Monthly Online Training session on relevant topics from subject matter experts
Career Counselling sessions by senior industry professional
Opportunity to interact with Industry experts at select IWN sessions.
4. MAHARASHTRA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INDUSTRY & AGRICULTURE
MACCIA Membership connects you to expanding coalition of businesses and organizations worldwide. The Chamber’s. Membership can keep you and your businesses updated as per the changing trends within the community and local Marketplace
The Chamber's mission is to generate more business activity for the Trade, Commerce & Agro community. We initiate B2B opportunities and connect professionals for betterment of your business.
Chamber Patrika monthly magazine
Get new member information, submit articles, and market your business with Ads or sponsorships, and get business and community updates.
Chamber events & programs
Chamber events are innovative and best ways to generate business leads, meet potential customers and vendors. Chamber offers different programs like B2B programs, Maharashtra Sneha Sammelan, Community Awards, Business after Hours, Roundtables, Business Expo and other Special Events.
International trade promotional activities
MACCIA hosts and leads International Trade Delegations to promote bilateral relations and enhance its members’ competitiveness in international markets.
Access to representatives on various public bodies
Representations to central & state governments and other institutions through MACCIA representations and Nomination on different National Policy Committees & Task Forces
Library Portal: https://library.siu.edu.in/
Library members can get the access of all e-resources on library portal. To access these e-resources you should have the login credentials for it. Every year newly admitted student’s registration is done according to their course duration by the librarian.
All subscribed e-resources can be accessed through SIU Library Portal
- CMIE Prowess IQ
- CMIE CapEx
- CMIE Industry Outlook
- HBSP simulation
- Web of Science and End Note
- Science Direct
- Research Tool: QuestionPro
- Research Tool: Turnitin
- Research tool : EBSCO Discovery Service
- Pearson E Book
- Sage Research Method (SRM Core)
- Frost & Sullivan
- McGraw Hill Education India eBooks
- Sage Online Collection - Management & Organization Studies