Orientation and Pedagogy
In the light of COVID 19 outbreak, where students are yet to join SIOM on campus, online mode of teaching is being followed till further orders from Govt of India /Govt of Maharashtra.
As per the SIU guidelines some of the courses of Semester I are identified as to be delivered 100% in ONLINE mode. Microsoft Teams is the official platform used for all academic sessions and activities. Schedules for the batch will be made available on the google drive link shared with all, which will be updated from time to time by the academics department.
On campus academic sessions and pedagogy is as follows:
- Regular sessions: These are regular classroom sessions on courses listed in the SIU approved programme structure for which a fortnightly schedule is communicated to all students through the portal
- Field projects and assignments: Students are required to do projects, assignments, for certain core and elective subjects, as per course plan prepared by respective faculty. Projects will also be undertaken as a part of the Consulting Club. The objective is to inculcate research capability & practical insights and problem solving of the subject within the student. Students are also expected to visit International ports and Warehouses
- SAP–ERP: SIOM under University Alliance Programme with SAP ACC from Victoria University, Australia provides in house SAP-ERP training to students through SAP trained faculties on various modules
- Six Sigma: All students shall undergo Six Sigma training through theory & practical sessions with live projects which will be evaluated by KPMG experts .Students are advised to go through the separate note on Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification programme
- It is crucial that students equip themselves with prior reading based on the course plan of each course for effective learning experience. The course plan suggests delivery mechanism of course along with pre reads, case studies, presentations, which students are required to go through before-hand. Absence of this may lead to compulsory library hours for the students
Co-curricular Learning Activities:
Value added and enrichment courses are offered through various platforms. These form an important supplementary part of mainstream learning. Students are expected to participate and attend all such sessions.
- Workshops: Workshops for skills development or in-depth inputs of subjects which may or may not be a part of the course structure are organized
- Guest Lectures / CEO Meets: Heads of Corporate / CEOs of companies are invited to share their experiences with the students to impart practical insights and relevance of subjects
- Institute events are hosted to create industry-academia interaction platforms like HR Summit, Tattv which help students to get real life learning from industry experts
- Industry visits: Industry visits are arranged during Semester. Every student visits at least one company to give them an exposure to the Manufacturing / Operations / Retail / Service / Quality sectors / Industries in and around Nashik
- Outward Bound Learning (OBL): OBL is to foster learning and camaraderie through management games and simulations in natural surroundings
- Community outreach projects: Students are assigned a specific and time bound community project to enhance sensitivity towards the societal environment in which we live and imbibe citizenship values
- Drishti : SIOM’s flagship event gives platform for interaction with other leading B school students through management games, case study competitions and cultural activities
- Research conference: The conferences invite academicians, research scholars, and corporate professionals to present innovative ideas and concepts through their research papers that support and justify the operations excellence in the management of supply chain that is considered to be interdisciplinary. The conferences will feature keynote speakers from industry and academia