Convocation Date: 13 December 2015
Convocation Time: 3.15 PM
Reporting Time: Before 1.45 PM
Thank you for registering for the Convocation 2015. If you have not registered for convocation kindly register before 10 December 2015.
Please note that the Chief Guest, Shri. Jayant Sinhaji, Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance, Government of India has conveyed to us that due to unavoidable circumstances his arrival will be delayed.Hence the revised time for the convocation is 3.15 pm.
Lunch has been organized for all alumni receiving their degrees/diplomas at this convocation.
Please follow the instructions regarding CONVOCATION on 13 December 2015 to avoid any inconvenience during the ceremony.
A. Transport: Reach University Campus before 1.45 PM
Transport timings From SIMS, Kirkee: 11.30 AM to 1.00 PM
Shuttle service from Lavale Hill Base to Lavale Hill Top is available from 12.00 Noon to 1.45 PM
Please avail the transport facility instead of bringing your own vehicle to avoid parking problems at the Lavale campus. In case if you bring your vehicle please park your vehicle at the Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) (Foothills), Lavale and take a Campus Shuttle service to reach University campus.
Conveyance is arranged from SIMS Kirkee Campus to University campus, Lavale. Please make yourself available at the right time to avail the service.
B. Dress Code for Students: Formal dress to be worn at the time of convocation
- Gentlemen - Trouser, Shirt and Tie
- Ladies – Saree/Salwar Kameez/Trouser and Shirt ( Short dress strictly not permitted )
Convocation Gowns will not be issued to students not following the dress code. Such students will not be permitted in pandal.
C. At University Campus
- Immediately after reaching University Campus at Lavale, Please proceed towards the Academic Block - collect your gowns and lunch coupons from the class rooms allotted for the purpose.
- Proceed for lunch as per arrangement displayed on campus.
- Reach the convocation venue after putting on the gowns before 2.45 PM.
- The seating arrangement in the pandal will be on first come first served basis. Once the capacity of pandal is full all remaining candidates will be accommodated in the auditorium. Parents of gold medal awardees and Ph D candidates only will be permitted in the main pandal.
- It is mandatory to carry your Photo ID for the entrance in the pandal. Please bring either of the following documents for verification by security personnel. (Aadhar Card / Driving Licence / PAN Card / Passport)
- All gold medal awardees are to report to Dr. Pratima Sheorey, Associate Dean, Student Affairs, SCRI Building near SIU Office for the official photograph with the Chief Guest & further instructions.
D. Conduct during Convocation ceremony
- When procession enters the Pandal please rise & be seated after the Chief Guest takes seat on the dais.
- Please rise at the time of conferment of the Degrees, Diplomas. And after conferment please be seated silently.
- Leave the Pandal only after the departure of the Chief Guest.
E. After Convocation ceremony
- After convocation, collect your certificates after depositing the gowns at the respective classrooms between 4.45 PM to 5.45 PM (Students may purchase gown & cap by paying Rs. 800/-. The concerned institute will issue the receipt of such purchases.)
- Visit Symbiosis SOUVENIR Stall to Purchase items on payment.
- Bus Timings for departure: 4.45 PM to 6.00 PM
We deeply regret the inconvenience caused due to change in schedule.
Room allotment for distribution of Convocation Gowns & Certificates
Time for collecting the Gowns: 12.15 pm to 2.0 0 pm
Time for returning the Gowns & collecting Degree Certificate (at the same venue): 4.45 pm to 5.45 pm