SIOM facilitates and encourages the students to acquire CPIM certification. During the program, the students take up CPIM certification under “The Association for Operations Management”, USA (formerly known as American Production and Inventory Control Society). SIOM is an approved international examination center. The competitive assessment test is conducted each quarter of the year at the Institute, enabling all the SIOM students to participate in the exam and aim to become Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) professionals.
The certification requires students to undergo five modules namely:
- Basics of supply chain management (BSCM Certification)
- Master Planning of Resources (MPR)
- Detailed Scheduled and Planning (DSP)
- Execution and Control of Operations (ECO)
- Strategic Management of Resources (SMR)